Tuesday, April 16, 2013

If you ask, you might get it -- 1964 Half Dollar Teller Find!

Thunderstorms in the area and a late night at work caused me to miss my bank trip today... so I'll share a story that happened about 2 weeks ago.

I was on my way to drop off my coin roll hunt returns when I stopped in my main bank to see if they had any coins I'd be interested in. While I was waiting in line, a gentleman ahead of me asked if they had any half dollars. "Darn it!" I yelled, "You beat me to it. I was going to ask for them!". The man simply laughed and said I could take them and he'd just pick them up next time. To my suprise, the teller only had 2 half dollars, but one of them was pretty special. It's ugly, but a 90% silver half dollar for the mere face value price is a win indeed.

Good thing coin roll hunting takes me into exactly 1.5 million banks!
1964 silver Kennedy half dollar coin roll hunting find
1964 Silver Kennedy Half Dollar from Bank Teller 4/16/2013

No comments :

Post a Comment