Saturday, June 22, 2013

Got a Box of Dimes -- Guess How Many Silvers I'll Find!

I'll make this post very quick today. I was able to pick up a $250 box of dimes at one of my local branches, so I thought it would be fun if you all tried to guess how many silver dimes I'll find when I search the 2500 coins in the box. I'm not going to be able to open it today, so you'll at least have a day to make your guesses before I publish the results!

Here's a tip: these rolls are likely machine wrapped, so they probably have a lower number of silvers in them compared to the customer wrapped (CWR) dime rolls.

Guess how many silver coins are in the box of dime rolls! Post in the comments below!

I'll try to post the results in the next few days!

Guess How Many Silver Dimes Are In This Dime Box!

5 comments :

  1. With my luck I'd find nothing and get skunked, but you'll probably get 1 or 2

    ReplyDelete
  2. Maybe 2...I've searched many rolls of quarters and never found silver...several rolls of half dollars and came up with 2 40% Kennedys in the same roll. It's something I would like to do more of in the future. I haven't tried dimes yet and you've had much more success there.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Turns out the anon poster was the closest with a guess of 1-2. I found a single 1957 silver dime in that box. You can see the post here: http://biggamecrh.blogspot.com/2013/06/crh-6242013-dime-box-results-in-dirty.html

    ReplyDelete